Meet Our Staff
- Title: Director of Multicultural Affairs
- Responsibilities in Multicultural Affairs: We work to encourage students to taste other cultures as they enhance their own. We also look at ways to get the campus and community excited about opportunities available through student organization participation. We seek to provide quality education and entertainment through our programming efforts.
- Contact Phone: 254-710-6948
- Hometown: Snyder, TX
- Strengths: Context, Arranger, Relater, Learner, Connectedness
- Favorite Baylor Memory: The day I graduated from Baylor University. I have always loved going to graduation and meeting the parents of the students, but graduation took on a whole new meaning when I marched across that stage — a real Baylor Bear at last.
- Advice to Baylor Students: Keep your eyes on the end product.
- Title: Associate Director of Multicultural Affairs
- Responsibilities in Multicultural Affairs: Bringing the Baylor community together through celebrating and embracing our differences as well as similarities. The events, programs and celebrations that are happening through multicultural affairs and student organizations are amazing opportunities for everyone to grow in the area of understanding. I have a strong desire and passion to serve and empower underrepresented populations and to also build a relationship between all communities.
- Contact Phone: 254-710-6949
- Hometown: Oklahoma City, OK
- Personality: Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging—(Driven by a deep sense of empathy for others)
- Favorite Baylor Memory: Attending HACU with some of the most phenomenal students at Baylor. I had fun getting to know them and building a relationship. Plus we just had a lot of fun and great memories. I also loved our first annual Multicultural Women’s Symposium. To see students from all backgrounds coming together and to be uplifted by Baylor faculty and staff was beautiful. Our Baylor women rock!
- Advice to Baylor Students: Remember that all things are possible to him who believes, Mark 9:23. Enjoy life and know that GOD will open doors for you. Travel the world, get to know new people and utilize all the resources available to you at Baylor. The only limitations you have in life are the ones you put on yourself. If you ever have a question or need anything just stop by, if I don’t know the answer I will find someone who does.
- Title: Assistant Director of Multicultural Affairs
- Responsibilities in Multicultural Affairs: I work to encourage students to embrace other cultures as they celebrate their own. I also look at ways to get the campus and community excited about opportunities available through participation with our Big 6, Multicultural, and Greek Organizations.
- Contact Phone: 254-710-3004
- Hometown: Louisville, KY
- Strengths: Includer, Achiever, Belief, Responsibility, Restorative
- Favorite Baylor Memory: My first Kente ceremony. Knowing that the work I was doing was having an impact on the lives of our students.
- Advice to Baylor Students: Trust in God, Believe in Yourself, and Dare to Dream! Get all you can from us while you are here. We are here to help you!
- Title: Senior Coordinator for Outreach and Inclusion
- Responsibilities in Multicultural Affairs: I assist the department in providing the necessary resources and assistance to students, such as information regarding scholarships, internships, mentoring, and leadership development.
- Contact Phone: 254-710-1698
- Hometown: Farmers Branch, TX, but I consider Waco home now
- Strengths: Individualization, Strategic, Relator, Arranger, Analytical
- Favorite Baylor Memory: When I first came down to Baylor for Truett Seminary orientation I was expecting to be a commuter student. The moment I stepped foot on campus I knew this was the place I needed to be full time. My husband and I came to orientation on a Friday, decided we were moving on a Saturday, packed a suitcase Sunday and classes started Monday. A couple that we had just met at orientation let us stay in their guest bedroom. Others helped us look for jobs and an apartment. That’s the kind of community you find at Baylor.
- Advice to Baylor Students: Make it a priority to find a way to stay connected to something you already love and to find something new. Finding this balance will help make you a well-rounded individual.
- Title: Office Manager
- Responsibilities in Multicultural Affairs: As the Office Manager, I not only manage the day to day office administration, but help serve visitors, students, faculty and staff that interact with our department. I enjoy sharing the culturally based opportunities we have to offer each semester.
- Contact Phone: 254-710-6948
- Hometown: West, TX
- Strengths: Responsibility, Adaptability, Caring, Resourceful, Detail-Oriented
- Favorite Baylor Memory: My favorite Baylor memory is attending my first Mosaic Mixer. Nothing could beat the perfect weather, music, or seeing how much fun our students were having.
- Advice to Baylor Students: "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9