Meet Our Staff
- Title: Director of Multicultural Affairs
- Responsibilities in Multicultural Affairs: We work to encourage students to taste other cultures as they enhance their own. We also look at ways to get the campus and community excited about opportunities available through student organization participation. We seek to provide quality education and entertainment through our programming efforts.
- Contact Phone: 254-710-6948
- Hometown: Snyder, TX
- Strengths: Context, Arranger, Relater, Learner, Connectedness
- Favorite Baylor Memory: The day I graduated from Baylor University. I have always loved going to graduation and meeting the parents of the students, but graduation took on a whole new meaning when I marched across that stage — a real Baylor Bear at last.
- Advice to Baylor Students: Keep your eyes on the end product.
- Title: Office Manager
- Responsibilities in Multicultural Affairs: As the Office Manager, I not only manage the day-to-day office administration but help serve visitors, students, faculty, and staff that interact with our department. I enjoy sharing the culturally-based opportunities we have to offer each semester.
- Contact Phone: 254-710-6948
- Hometown: West, TX
- Strengths: Responsibility, Adaptability, Caring, Resourceful, Detail-Oriented
- Favorite Baylor Memory: My favorite Baylor memory is attending my first Mosaic Mixer. Nothing could beat the perfect weather, music, or seeing how much fun our students were having.
- Advice to Baylor Students: "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
Geoffrey Griggs, Ed.D
- Title: Associate Director of Multicultural Affairs
- Responsibilities in Multicultural Affairs: I work to encourage students to embrace other cultures as they celebrate their own. I also look at ways to get the campus and community excited about opportunities available through participation with our Big 6, Multicultural, and Greek Organizations.
- Contact Phone: 254-710-3004
- Hometown: Louisville, KY
- Strengths: Includer, Achiever, Belief, Responsibility, Restorative
- Favorite Baylor Memory: Being the Keynote speaker at the 2022 Kente Ceremony. Being able to celebrate the students in that way was truly a highlight.
- Advice to Baylor Students: Trust in God, Believe in Yourself, and Dare to Dream! Get all you can from us while you are here. We are here to help you!
- Title: Assistant Director of Multicultural Engagement
- Hometown: Jackson, Mississippi
- Title: Senior Coordinator for Education and Training
- Hometown: Waco, Texas
- Title: Program Coordinator
- Hometown: Rio Grande, Texas
Kristen McDowell Marcela
Kristen McDowell Marcela Email
- Title: Graduate Apprentice
- Responsibilities in Multicultural Affairs: As the Graduate Apprentice, I not only assist in supervising and supporting our Big 6 organizations, but implement and facilitate numerous programming initiatives such as the Multicultural Affairs Book Club, Signing Day, Women's History Month, the Multicultural Women's Symposium, and other events as needed.
- Contact Phone: 254-710-1396
- Title: Ministry Associate
- Responsibilities in Multicultural Affairs: As the Ministry Associate for Multicultural Affairs, I serve as a chaplain offering pastoral resources as needed in programs and to individual students
- Contact Phone: 254-710-6683